Jigsaw Support Scheme was set up in 2000 to help local people living in Mansfield to get the access to the support they needed to live independently at home. Before that time, quality affordable at home support was difficult to access. Since 2000, we’ve helped thousands of local people to remain independent at home by offering the support they need.
Jigsaw’s range of social care services are aimed at helping people in Nottinghamshire to maintain their independence and have a better quality of life. Often older and vulnerable people find themselves in negative situations which are preventable. That is, if they have access to the right information and support delivered at the right time, offered in a flexible, sensitive and appropriate way. Jigsaw believes is the way forward for social care.
We’ve expanded our services to cover the whole of North Nottinghamshire and surrounding areas. Our vision it to bring the Jigsaw way to the entire County and beyond.
To enable people to live better, safer, happier lives at home.
Jigsaw’s vision is that our community is a place where everyone is able to live an independent and happy life having equal opportunities and choices.
Our mission is to
- Provide relevant, quality, adaptable services that are in line with our charitable aims.
- Support vulnerable people to have choice and control over the assistance needed to go about their daily life.
- Ensure that vulnerable people have equal access to housing, transport and mobility, health, and social activities.
- Prevent older people from suffering from the effects of social isolation and loneliness.
Values and Beliefs
- Jigsaw believes that everyone has the right to a life which is independent, safe and happy.
- Jigsaw believes that it’s everyone’s right to choose how they will live their life, where and with whom.
- We believe that everyone has the right to appropriate support for them, so they can live their life as independently as possible, for as long as possible.
- We respect the unique worth of every single person. Jigsaw believes that everyone is different but equal and that everyone’s unique talent should be recognised and encouraged.
- Jigsaw values everyone’s potential and will provide opportunities for people in our area to fulfil that potential and make the most of their abilities.
- We hope for a better future. We promise to listen, understand and act to make that future a reality, wherever possible.
- Jigsaw is committed to exercising responsible stewardship. Our staff and volunteers are committed to making the best use of all our resources enabling us to help service users and families to overcome severe disadvantage – to live safer, better, happier lives right here, right now.
What we do
Jigsaw supports independence at home for any adult living in North Nottinghamshire and surrounding areas. We offer a wide range of complementary services which all work together to provide a holistic solution to your desire to stay at home safely for as long as possible.